Copyright and trademark
Copyright and trademark related links.
Copyright and trademark
Ivan Hoffman, B.A, J.D., Attorney at Law
- Description: A lawyer's site that contains interesting articles on electronic rights, specificissues for web designers and site owners, as well as a free downloadable book, "InternetLaw Simplified."
- Source: Ivan Hoffman, B.A., J.D.
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 12:50:19
The Copyright Website
- Description: A popular website dedicated to providing information on copyright topics
ranging from copyright fundamentals, to infringement cases, to discussion of Internet
copyright issues. Includes sections on public domain and fair use.
- Source: Benedict O'Mahoney, B.A., J.D.
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 12:51:57
Oppedahl & Larson Patent Law Webserver
- Description: Provides an FAQ on intellectual property, general info on copyrights and
trademarks (including an interesting article on domain names and their relation to the
1-800 number allocation standards), and various other info on law in cyberspace.
- Source: Oppedahl & Larson Law Firm
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 12:52:29
A Primer on Trademark and Internet Addresses
- Description: This article examines cases and presents a primer on trademark and dilution
law as it pertains to various aspects of Internet addressing, including domain names.
Using a series of examples--some hypothetical, and some drawn from rea l
incidents--this paper will step through a legal analysis of the addresses' use, and will
examine situations in which an infringement may occur.
- Source: David J. Loundy
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 12:53:03
International Trademark Association Online
- Description: INTA is an international association of trademark owners and associated
professionals dedicated to promoting the role of trademarks worldwide and providing
trademark information and services to its members, to trademark and legal pr ofessionals,
and to the public.
- Source: International Trademark Association
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 12:53:29
- Description: This page contains a general analysis of software protection through
copyright, trademark, patent, and contract law.
- Source: International Legal Protection for Software
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 12:58:58
10 Big Myths about copyright explained
- Description: An interesting article attempting to answer common myths about copyright
seen on the net and cover issues related to copyright and USENET/Internet publication.
- Source: Brad Templeton
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 12:59:33
- Description: An article presenting arguments on whether linking to another's web page is
a copyright violation or not.
- Source: Brad Templeton
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 13:00:06
Findlaw: Internet Legal Resources
- Description: A directory, with a similar interface to that of Yahoo!'s, that searches legal
resources on the web for keywords, much like a regular search engine.
- Source: FindLaw, Inc.
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 14:48:02
The Cyberlaw Encyclopedia
- Description: The Computer and Information Technology Law Reference Source.
- Source: Alan M. Gahtan
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 14:51:42
The Journal of Online Law
- Description: An electronic publication of scholarly essays about law issues in cyberspace.
- Source: Edited by I. Trotter Hardy
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 14:52:12
FPLC - The Intellectual Property Mall Page
- Description: This site has a good collection of in-house intellectual property information,
as well as a resources elsewhere on the internet. Their site is described as "one stop
shopping" for IP researchers.
- Source: The Franklin Pierce Law Center
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 13:07:24
SUL: Copyright and Fair Use
- Description: A highly comprehensive and searchable site containing documents on
copyright issues and fair use, and a sampling of cases and legislation involving copyright
and electronic media.
- Source: Council on Library Resources, FindLaw Internet Legal Resources, and the Stanford University Libraries and Academic Information Resources
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 14:46:26
- Description: Another website dealing specifically with intellectual property rights and its
application to electronic media. Has an index of journals, books and articles on IP in
relation to multimedia, a hyperlinked bibliography, and informatio n on the latest events
about multimedia and IP law.
- Source: Lisa Schmeiser for MMLAW
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 14:53:09
Copyright Resources for Education Online
- Description: Designed for use by non-lawyers who are interested in issues of copyright
and new media technologies, the site provides important basic information and useful tips
on how to protect your work and comply with the existing rules for the use of others'
- Source: Institute for Learning Technologies
- Last checked: 4/1/1999 18:49:06
Trademark Wars On The Web
- Description: A page listing several disputes concerning trademark infringement on the
web, celebrated or otherwise, with links to how the cases started and were handled. An
- Source: Misha Glouberman
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 14:57:17
EFF "Intellectual Property Online: Patent, Tradema
- Description: EFF's massive archive of articles, journals, FAQs and countless other
EFF's massive archive of articles, journals, FAQs and countless other
documents related to Intellectual Property. Is also the top directory for other resources
within the site concerning trademarks, patents, and copyrights. An IP bulletin that
showcases news on recent IP-related events also exists on this server.
- Source: Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 12:54:02